Confluence 6.9.1 disappeared?

Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 21, 2018

I was prepping to upgrade my Confluence 6.8.2 instance to 6.9.1 and had an uneventful upgrade on my test instance.

When I was getting to the point of pushing to production, I did the usual check to see if, just perhaps, there was a 6.9.2. Instead, what I found is that 6.9.1 is no longer on the list. There is a link to 6.9.1 but goes to a dead page link and 6.9.1 doesn't appear in the 6.9.0 roll up as would normally be the case.

Has this release been pulled which would make it a Good Idea to NOT upgrade to 6.9.1?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 21, 2018

Hi Mike,

Confluence 6.9.1 is the latest version and can be downloaded at https://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/download. I just downloaded it to make sure it was available.

I do think upgrading to that version is a good idea since your test upgrade went well and also because it has all the latest bug fixes.

The Confluence Server Download Archives never has the latest version listed, and the current version cannot be viewed when you go to the download page linked above; you have to download the file to see the current version. I think this is related to how the page is updated when there are new releases.

Cheers,

Ann

Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 21, 2018

Thanks Ann,

I had gone to the Confluence Release Notes page and can see 6.9.1 listed there but when one clicks on the 6.9.1 link, that is where I got the dead page link. With it also not showing on the bottom of the 6.9.0 page (which is always a nice roll-up of all the M.m.p releases) it gave me pause.

I am gratified to see that 6.9.1 is still, as you said, the one on the download page and will continue my prep for production update. The bug fixes you mention aren't show stoppers/critical in my 6.8.2 production version but stuff I see and random gripes from the user community tend to point to things I see in the bug fixes.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events