Confluence 6.12.2 : Session Expires when attempting restore from Site Backup

Olavo DSouza January 4, 2019

I was trying to restore a daily site backup (of Confluence version 6.10.0) to a new installation of Confluence 6.12.2.

Tried both methods of restore.

This is the error message:

• Your session has expired. You may need to re-submit the form or reload the page.

In the logs, the following message in catalina.out:

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:96)
at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:490)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.StuckThreadDetectionValve.invoke(StuckThreadDetectionValve.java:206)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:139)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:92)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:74)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:343)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.service(Http11Processor.java:408)
at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProcessorLight.process(AbstractProcessorLight.java:66)
at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$ConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:770)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.doRun(NioEndpoint.java:1415)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.SocketProcessorBase.run(SocketProcessorBase.java:49)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

04-Jan-2019 18:26:29.026 WARNING [ContainerBackgroundProcessor[StandardEngine[Standalone]]] org.apache.catalina.valves.StuckThreadDetectionValve.notifyStuckThreadCompleted Thread [http-nio-8090-exec-7] (id=[37]) was previously reported to be stuck but has completed. It was active for approximately [113,517] milliseconds.

=============================

Value for the StuckThreadDetection is set to 60 secs.

Tried this several times, using both methods of Restore from backup. Same error message.

Restarted Tomcat after clearing the .xml files and repeated procedure. Same result. This is on a Linux box. 

Kindly help to resolve the issue.

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
roman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2019

Hi @Olavo DSouza,

did you have a look at the troubleshooting section of the restoring the site back up article: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/restoring-a-site-152034.html?

I have also found a couple of workarounds when having timeout of restoring space backups: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/browser-timeout-when-attempting-to-restore-xml-backup-via-upload-method-953658768.html. Not sure if this would help, but it’s worth a try.

Roman.

Olavo DSouza January 8, 2019

Hi Roman 

Thanks for the helpful info. I was successfull in restoring from backup by creating an empty site and then performing restore. 

0 votes
joel Cruz April 25, 2019

I have the exact same problem trying to run a XML backup. Any idea what I can do? 

Olavo DSouza April 26, 2019

I would suggest try to restore to the same version first, and then try to upgrade.

So, set up a new confluence site, -> create empty site and then attempt to restore the same version from XML backup. 

joel Cruz April 26, 2019

you misunderstood, i can't run the backup. Same error message as this restore

My original query was not related to taking a XML backup , it was for restore only. 

I never had an issue taking a XML backup. How big is your site? If XML backup does not work, then you may have do it manually by following the documented process.

In any case, XML backup is not a preferred method for a very large site.

Use this method, if its a very large site.  This are general suggestions without knowing anything about your environment.

joel Cruz April 26, 2019

I'm fully aware. I'm going on the assumption similar errors have similar solutions.

my instance is around 27 sites and 600ish pages. what is considered large? I haven't found any numbers in my searches. 

I'm trying to get an XML backup for a very specific use case

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events