Confluence 5.1.2 number search not work

Martiqs June 17, 2013

Hi!

I have a problem with Confluence 5.1.2

When i search "abc123" is everything ok and i get result, but when i search "123" no results found.

Is this possible to edit search option, in Admin Panel i dont find this option.

3 answers

1 vote
PeterKoczan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 17, 2013

Hi Martin,

We are aware of such issues, which also concern earlier version of Confluence. In Confluence 5.2 we will have a major upgrade on the Lucene indexing engine and this will aid most of related problems. I suggest that as soon as it is released you upgrade to that version and see if the problems mentioned are gone.

Kind regards,

Peter

0 votes
Felicity Chapman October 1, 2013

That's really interesting to hear. We haven't been able to upgrade to 5.2 yet, but had hoped that the updates to the search would make a substantial improvement.

We're currently on 4.3 with exact matching turned on (no tokenisation). With tokenisation if you searched for "severity" almost all the results were for "several" which was useless to us.

I've just had a developer complaining about the inability to search for "$@" in technical and Java docs stored in Confluence. He gets the results that Kristjan mentions above "Query could not be parsed".

0 votes
Kristjan Lillemets
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 1, 2013

Now running 5.2.3 and rebuilded indexes.
But problem is still the same, when we search for example "2013"
No results found for 2013. Please try one of the following suggestions

• Use more general search terms or consult the online documentation for tips.
  • If you are filtering by space, content, last modification date or contributor, try removing or adjusting the filter

Also while typing it says The query could not be parsed.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events