Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence 4 Editor - Show Page Breadcrumbs Option?

Michael Roff
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2012

Is there an option in C4 so that the breadcrumbs of the current page being edited is visible?

I ask as I am often referring to other pages when I edit a page, particularly when doing complicated reporting or even wanting to find the name of variables etc.

I know I can just start a new tab, open Confluence and navigate to the page, but it's not as convenient. I also think it is nice for people editing the page to know exactly where they are still.

I feel the new editor interface is a little too sterile and while that is good for screen maximisation, it goes a little to far and can feel isolating and quite foreign to the C3 editor.

Anyway, if anyone know if this is possible, I would certainly like to hear from you.

Mick

Oohhh a Bounty!! :)

3 answers

0 votes
Jason Hensler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2013

Hello Mick,

Try checking out this page on configuring the top menu
http://demo.refinedwiki.com/display/rwot3x/Top+menu

or

This page on general theme configuration (menu bar display option):
http://demo.refinedwiki.com/display/rwot3x/Theme+configuration

Cheers,

Jason

0 votes
AndrewA
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 18, 2012

Hi Vegasmick,
The hiding of the breadcrumbs can be disabled but it reuires customization and would be site wide (AKA breadcrumbs are no longer hiden for anyone ever). The details can be found in Atlssians knowldege base at the following link. This way you will no longer need to click the '...' button in th header everytime you would like to see the page path.

How to Disable Hiding (Ellipsing) of Breadcrumbs

I hope this helps :)

Cheers,
Andrew Campbell

Michael Roff
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 1, 2012

Hi Andrew,

The issue is that Refinedwiki removed the breadcrumbs from the edit page and there is no way (currently) to reenable them. I don't wish to disable them - but to bring them back via the refinedwiki them.

Thanks for your post though.

Mick

0 votes
Petch
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 6, 2012

Hi Mick,

Are you referring to the breadcrumbs at the top of the page? If you click on the "...", will expand the breadcrumbs. See below.

Is this what you mean?

Craig

Michael Roff
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 6, 2012

I don't get the top bar at all - the breadcrumbs or the search bar.

Can this be turned On / Off at all?

I am using refinedwiki theme - so maybe this is something to do with that.

I will check with refinedwiki also to find out.

Michael Roff
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 6, 2012

I have turned off RefinedWiki and I can see the breadcrumbs and search options at the top of the eidt page - so this is a RefinedWiki option which doesn't seem to be there.

Thanks for getting me on track with this one Craig.

Mick

Petch
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 6, 2012

That's right a theme can remove part of the UI if they wish. Hopefully RefinedWiki allows you to enable this if that's what you need.

Craig

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events