Confluence 4.2 - Standard Page Footer Removed?

Gavin Fowler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2012

Hi

I have a quick question following an upgrade from confluence 4.1.9 to confluence 4.2. In my previous version (4.1.9), on each page, (including the login / logout & dashboard, as well as user created pages) I would see a page footer that indicated which version of Confluence was being run, along with other details such as "contact Atlassian".

Looking through the release notes for 4.2 i do not see this functionality being deprecated, but I no longer have this "footer" information present in my upgraded versions for confluence (non production sandbox, or production).

Can anyone confirm whether this functionality has been removed, possibly the reasoning behind the change, and what steps i can use to recreate the footer?

Apologies in advanced if i've missed something very obvious.

Gavin.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2012

Hi Gavin,

Here you go:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-25297

Workaround to fix the issue for now also available. Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

Gavin Fowler
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 16, 2012

Hey Septa

Many thanks for the quick reply - it seems linked to ther selection of the "documentation theme" all is okay in "default theme" and strangle it's always fine in the "administration screens". I will look into this further and add more detailed comment(s).

Gavin.

0 votes
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 16, 2012

Hi Gavin,

For your information, documentation theme footer is configurable which might be the cause of your issue. Please refer to the screenshot below

You can access the mentioned page by following choosing "Documentation Theme" >> Configure Theme.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 16, 2012

Hi Gavin,

In regards to your issue, I can confirm that in Confluence 4.2 the footer is not removed. So, it seems that there might be some customization that resulted to your issue.

Could you please double check if there are any customization done on your instance. You could check the following configuration

• Global Theme (Confluence Admin -> Look and Feel -> Global Theme)
  • Layouts (Confluence Admin -> Look and Feel -> Layouts)
  • Stylesheet (Confluence Admin -> Look and Feel -> Stylesheet)
  • Custom HTML (Confluence Admin -> Look and Feel -> Custom HTML)
  • Execute this SQL Query to your database
  • SELECT * FROM decorator;

If you see any customization there, please try to revert it back to default one by one and see if it helps.

If the suggested method above does not help, we really recommend you create a support ticket at our support channel so that we could check your configuration in private.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

Gavin Fowler
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 17, 2012

Thanks Septa, this is where the problem lies. I have nothign in the Header / Footer in my configuration of the documentation theme. I should be able to reconstruct something now. Just out of interest, can you provide a sample footer and/or indicate where these these configurations were saved in version 4.1.x of confluence so i can retrieve the footer from my backup prior to upgrading to version 4.2.x

Many thanks!!

EDIT: I restored confluence 4.1.9 in non production and oddly enough even 4.1.9 shows blank for the header / footer. I'm guessing the default(s) must have changed between versions, so any sample/example woudl be most appreciated.

Gavin.

Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 17, 2012

Hi Gavin,

It is weird if there are nothing configured on your "Documentation Theme" configuration if this issue only appear when you use "Documentation Theme"

Default footer of Confluence should be located at this location

<Conf_Install_Dir>/confluence/decorators/includes/content-footer.vm

Have you checked the previously mentioned configurations. I suspect that the cause of your issue might be due to "Custom HTML" configuration.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Septa Cahyadiputra

Gavin Fowler
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 17, 2012

Hi Septa

Thanks for clarifying (although i think the file is footer-content.vm :) )

To answer your question(s):

1. Global Theme: Shows blank / white space for header / footer.
  2. Layouts: each element is set as "<Default>"
  3. Stylesheets: reads: "No custom stylesheet defined."
  4. Custom HTML: reads "(no custom HTML configured)" for the three elements displayed.
  5. lists 9 records. the output is too big for a code block - not sure how to attach a file :S

Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 18, 2012

Hi Gavin,

Please don't paste the code block here as it might be confidential information. I believe decorator table should inform what kind of customization has been don on your end. Could you please revert it back to default and see if its help.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

Gavin Fowler
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 18, 2012

Thanks (again) Septa! This may be a noob question, but how do i revert the decorator table back to default?

Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 18, 2012

Delete all the content on your decorator table

BACKUP database beforehand for safety precaution

Cheers.

Gavin Fowler
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 18, 2012

Hey Septa, purging this table made no difference. I think it will be best for me to open a support incident, where i can upload more details about my installation - many thanks for your support. most appreciated!!

Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 18, 2012

Hi Gavin,

Agreed, if you reside in EMEA timezone, most probably I will pick up your ticket. Looking forward to get to the bottom of your issue.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 19, 2012

Hi Galvin,

Sorry it took this long to confirm. I have double check and confirm that it is a bug cause by our documentation theme plugin that shipped with Confluence 4.2.

The current workaround is to change the configured theme to docuementation theme on the space level and change the global theme to other plugin.

Will let you know if I could get a better workaround.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

Gavin Fowler
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 19, 2012

Hey Septa

Many thanks for confirming the bug (thought i was missing something obvious while). It's not a major issue for me or my user community, so we'll wait for a resolve.

Thanks again for all your help.

Gavin.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events