Confluence 4.0 - Error when configuring the legacy JIRA database connector

I am trying to configure confluence 4.0 to use our existing JIRA installation (version 4.2.2) for user managment. I'm following the instructions on this page: http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Connecting+to+JIRA+4.2+or+Earlier+for+User+Management

In step #5 I hit the 'Test Settings' button and get the following error message:

Connection test failed. Response from the server:
org.springframework.jdbc.BadSqlGrammarException: StatementCallback; bad SQL grammar [select count(*) from userbase]; nested exception is java.sql.SQLException: Invalid object name 'userbase'.

This message looks like it is connecting OK to my JiraDS datasource (which is SQL Server 2005) but can't find the object 'userbase'. I've check the SQL server database and the table userbase exists under the schema 'jiraschema'.

Anybody have an idea of what might be wrong?

1 answer

1 accepted

Hi Ray,

It looks most likely to be an issue with the schema names being inconsistent between Confluence and JIRA configuration files.

As per the article:

1. In JIRA, check atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/entity-engines.xml. Note the schema name. It is likely 'jiraschema'.
  2. In Confluence, check conf/server.xml. Notice the schema name.
  3. In SQL Server, check the schema name. It may be 'dbo' or other.

To fix:

Change the schema in SQL Server to match the settings in server.xml and entity-engines.xml

Hope this helps.

Regards

Vincent Choy

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,775 views 26 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you