Confluence 4.0 - Error when configuring the legacy JIRA database connector

Ray Hundley October 17, 2011

I am trying to configure confluence 4.0 to use our existing JIRA installation (version 4.2.2) for user managment. I'm following the instructions on this page: http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Connecting+to+JIRA+4.2+or+Earlier+for+User+Management

In step #5 I hit the 'Test Settings' button and get the following error message:

Connection test failed. Response from the server:
org.springframework.jdbc.BadSqlGrammarException: StatementCallback; bad SQL grammar [select count(*) from userbase]; nested exception is java.sql.SQLException: Invalid object name 'userbase'.

This message looks like it is connecting OK to my JiraDS datasource (which is SQL Server 2005) but can't find the object 'userbase'. I've check the SQL server database and the table userbase exists under the schema 'jiraschema'.

Anybody have an idea of what might be wrong?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
vchoy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2011

Hi Ray,

It looks most likely to be an issue with the schema names being inconsistent between Confluence and JIRA configuration files.

As per the article:

1. In JIRA, check atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/entity-engines.xml. Note the schema name. It is likely 'jiraschema'.
  2. In Confluence, check conf/server.xml. Notice the schema name.
  3. In SQL Server, check the schema name. It may be 'dbo' or other.

To fix:

Change the schema in SQL Server to match the settings in server.xml and entity-engines.xml

Hope this helps.

Regards

Vincent Choy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events