Confluence 3.5 in Safari Mac sometimes gets into state where every click opens file browser

Anthony Pelosi June 9, 2011

I'm not sure what causes it, but every now and then a confluence page (view, rich edit, or wiki edit) will get into a state where any page click on that page (doesn't occur in pages in other tabs) brings up the Safari image browser for selecting an image. I have to hit refresh to fix it. Am I accidentally typing a shortcut that causes this? Anyone else experience this? I am on Safari 5.0.5 on Confluence 3.5.1.

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Anthony Pelosi July 9, 2013

This issue has been resolved in Confluence 4 so the solution is simply to upgrade.

0 votes
Jeison
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 4, 2013

Weird indeed. You guys may want to check Safari's shortcuts agaist Confluence's shortcuts to try and narrow it down a bit.

Please update the thread in case you come across a cause/solution.

Hope it helps.

0 votes
Steven Cogorno June 15, 2011

It's funny you mention that, because it just started happening to me on the Confluence documentation site. If I try to scroll the page or navigate in any way, I get the Open File box.

Very weird.

0 votes
Gert-Jan van de Streek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2011
I am heavily using both Safari and Chrome for testing, this never happened in Chrome. Looks to be limited to Safari / Confluence combo.
0 votes
Gert-Jan van de Streek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2011
I have the same thing happening to me, Safari 5.0.5 and both Confluence 3.5.x and the 4.0 preview. This is especially annoying when you just finished a new page and want to save it. Work around it by tabbing to the label field and press enter.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events