Configure Sidebar

Jason Turner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2013

Using Confluence OnDemand I would like to configure the hierarchy of the pages in the sidebar.

I know how to move pages in the hierarchy but the categories are limited by the page templates. For example. Currently my templates consists of "meeting notes", "files" and "product requirements". I create a fair number of pages uses the "blank page".

I can put the new page in either "meeting notes", "files" or "product requirements", however I would like to create my own tree branch (or category). Is the structure restricted by template type? If so that sucks. I have tried the space them "documentation" and it seems to have the same restrictions.

Please advise.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jason Turner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2013

After some additional research I was able to better customize the sidebar and the corresponding page(s) in the main panel to the right of the sidebar. Perhaps I wasn’t clear in my original question/post. I wanted to recreate the same sort of behavior as the "meeting notes", "files" and "product requirements" links. I was able to do this by creating starting with a blank page and using either the “Children Display” macro and the “Content by Label” macro. I then added the new page to the sidebar, thus recreating the same sort of behavior as the "meeting notes", "files" and "product requirements" links

I also found a bug in the Content by Label macro https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-29236

0 votes
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 6, 2013

Hi Jason,

I'm sorry to say that OnDemand is comparatively limited in terms of the customisations you can make to the instance and therefore the only changes you can make to the Sidebar are outlined in this document: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Configuring+a+Sidebar

All the best,
John

Jason Turner
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 6, 2013

Do you know if I can create my own Blueprint templates with On Demand version.

Hemant Kapila January 14, 2018

A user can't even change the font size or basic features of a theme. That is not so user-friendly. Atlassian should work on supporting these features.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events