Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conditional Formatting For Confluence Tables with Multiple Header Rows

majd makhoul December 22, 2022

Hi,

I have the table below with two header rows, and I want to color the table cells based on their values:

• Green for Pass or 0
  • Grey for NULL or -
  • Red Otherwise

Snip20221223_36.png

How do I do that? I tried using SQL query but it looks like SQL doesn't support tables with multiple header rows so I'm not sure how to do this. If I write:

SELECT T1.'Column0' from T1

It will print the table and completely ignore Column1 like below:

Snip20221223_35.png

I'd appreciate any advice!

Thanks

1 answer

3 votes
Katerina Rudkovskaya _Stiltsoft_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 23, 2022

Hi @majd makhoul,

The Table Transformer macro considers your source table as a basic SQL database, so multiple-row headers are transformed into long one-row headers. Please see the example below:

Fri 6-1.png

SELECT * FROM T*

Fri 6-2.png

As you can see, you can’t refer to your column as “T1.Column 0”, now you have two columns “T1.Column 0 Column 1” and “T1.Column 0 Column 2”. These options will be given to you in the autocomplete (when you type in “T1.” and wait for the hints). I guess that you typed in “T1.Column 0” manually that is not correct.

If you don’t want long headers and need to use multiple-row headers, you may use the Table Spreadsheet macro. It has all the basic Excel functionality (and conditional formatting as well).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events