Concurrent editing and saving over other users' edits - no warning messages

Tim Milner January 9, 2012

HiIt seems that at the moment our Confluence instance will let two or more users who are editing a page save their edits over each other. When I go to edit a page (as the first editor of the day, for example) and take some time to make my edits, other users can come in after me, make their edits, save them, and when I save my version, it saves over the edits that were made by my colleagues during my time of having the page in edit mode. It previously would have provided me with a warning on previewing the page that users A and B have made edits, and would I like to discard my edits or overwrite. I am now getting almost daily complaints that this isn’t happening.

The only warning I do get is if I go into edit mode on a page, I am told that eg. user A is editing the page. However, I don't get any warning or choice to overwrite or discard upon saving my work anymore. I attempted the above scenario with a colleague, and it seems we no longer get the concurrent editor message.

We are using Confluence 3.5.7, with Zen 4.0.3.

Does anyone have similar issues, or had them and solved them? This is obviously an issue which has a big effect on user trust and take-up, so am anxious to find a solution.

1 answer

1 vote
NikE
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2012

This issue has been debated for some time now, with the heart of the issue summarized at:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-11635

Moving forward, it will likely evolve to something similar as described below:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-11734

Likely someone else around here can advise on a work-around/plugin/etc. but I just wanted to drop in a bit of back story on the thinking behind the current setup.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events