Community Forums is installed, but is not displayed in the Navigation in Space

Alexander_Liebrecht March 28, 2016

Hello,

I have a question and although I have the addon installed Community Forum.  

But it will not appear in the navigation in space and I do not know why. In the Confluence cloud in the system appears to be installed.

I've also changed the language of my project site from English to German, but without success.

Can someone help me?

My Space is https://alexanderliebrecht.atlassian.net/wiki

Thanks in advance.

3 answers

2 votes
Thanos Batagiannis _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2016

Hi Alexander,

First of all we should make clear that the forums for Connect is a more "simple" version than the community forums macro (which is compatible with confluence server versions). Now regarding the categories. There is no category option, but what you can do is to create nested forums. 

Now let's say that you have a page named Forums lvl A, you add the forums macro and you create 3 topics (Topic A, Topic B and Nested Forum). You will get something like this

forums.png

Then if you navigate in topic Nested Forum and again you add a forums macro and create two topics (Nested Topic A, Nested Topic B) you will have a forum inside a forum 

nested-forum.png

Notice that each forum will has as topics all it's descendants. For example in image forums_1 the forums lvl A has as topics not only Topic A, Topic B and Nested Forum but the "children" of Nested Forum as well (Nested Forum A, Nested Forum B). 

On the other hand the Nested Forum has as topics only it's children (Nested Forum A, Nested Forum B) but not it's "siblings" (Topic A, Topic B).

Also you can configure the sidebar and you can have a page tree navigation in your space's sidebar.

PS. You are right, the screenshots in marketplace refer to the community forums (for confluence server) and should be changed.

Please let us know if your questions are covered or further clarification is needed.

Kind regards,

2 votes
Rafael Franco
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2016

Hi @Alexander Liebrecht,

My name is Rafael Franco, I'm the Teach Lead for the Product Team here at Adaptavist. Thanks for your interest in Community Forums.

In order to get Community Forums in the Cloud, you'd need to insert the Macro "Forums" in a certain page to get Community Forums. Did you try to do that?

Regards,

Rafael

0 votes
Alexander_Liebrecht March 29, 2016

Hi Rafael,

Thanks for your quick reply. So as I have already tried and know now that you can embed Macro "Forums" in a page.

On your screenshots but I have seen a whole forum, where one has individual forums and categories.

If I use the Macro Forums, there are only Forum Posts and I can not create forums and categories. So it was with me recently.

Or was it special Macro "Forum posts"?

Thanos Batagiannis _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 29, 2016

Alexander,

It would be great if you could post a couple of screenshots and explain what you expected to see and what you actually see. An image is worth a thousand words. 

Kind regards

Alexander_Liebrecht March 29, 2016

confluence-forum-posts-page.jpg

So it looks to me in the project, if I add a Macro "Forums" in the page. But this is not a normal community forums, but there are only Forum Posts and you can still create.

But the addon screenshots show an entire forum with forums and categories. The community forum is also linked in the site navigation in Space. I also want to achieve that.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events