Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commenting on files with pin not functioal

Shelly Butcher August 27, 2021

Hi,

I have a Confluence page I use to post PDF and Word files for review. In the past, I would upload a file and reviewers would click and drag the pin icon to a place in the file and add their comment.

This page on the Atlassian website describes the functionality of the comment on files feature:

https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/share-and-comment-on-files/

This feature is no longer functional. I can't pin comments to any of my old files, or new ones. Instead of the pin icon, Confluence now shows an icon that starts a presentation based on the contents of the file. 

How can I get the comment feature back?

Thanks,

Shelly

2021-08-27_12-14-43.png2021-08-27_12-19-42.png

1 answer

0 votes
Jessica
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 30, 2021

Hello Shelly,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

This option was indeed working on the Legacy editor, but recently the pin to add the comments is no longer working, due to this bug:

We have flagged it internally recently with our development team and it is being checked and investigate internally, as previously it was only affecting the new editor, but now it does not work on the Legacy editor as well.

For now, since it is currently being investigated and is on our backlog, we highly recommend adding yourself as a watcher of the bug report, to receive the updates on the same.

If there is any additional feedback or, clarifications or concerns we can help with, please don't hesitate to share it with us!

Kindest Regards,
Jessica

Cameron Gull March 17, 2022

This bug still exists... any idea when it will be resolved?

Ken Collins September 1, 2022

We are also seeing this bug, can we reopen this?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events