Code Block Macro - kr & bg

Staphon Arnold March 30, 2021

When using the code block macro and just typing the commands like bg or kr (both used for linux), the block clears itself and goes blank. Anyone else having this issue/ has a work around. 

Running Confluence 7.4.4 (Issue also present in Safe Mode)

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Staphon Arnold May 15, 2023

I think I resolved this on my own. If you ONLY have bg / kr style commands in your code block, it clears, but if you add some other text it works. 

The reason I wanted to use this was to tell people to use bg, however, I looks like I may need to roll that into something else. Oh well. 

Thanks Anyway.

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 1, 2021

Hello there @Staphon Arnold!

This is an odd behavior. I tried to replicate it but had no luck. Or maybe I am lucky and this did not affect my instance!

Anyway, I would like to ask you a few questions. Here we go: 

1. Would it be possible for you to give us an example of code where this was triggered?
  2. What is the syntax highlighting that you use when this happens?
  3. Is there a set of steps that you need to follow for this to happen?

Let us hear from you!

Staphon Arnold April 1, 2021

Storage Format:

<ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="11255452-9d96-4eed-8658-29849af1131d" ac:name="code" ac:schema-version="1">
<ac:plain-text-body><![CDATA[kr]]></ac:plain-text-body>
</ac:structured-macro>
<p class="auto-cursor-target">

Screen Shot of settings (Just using the defaults, but changing any of the parameters yields the same results.)

Screen Shot 2021-04-01 at 8.12.38 AM.png

Not sure what other information to provide. LMK if you think of anything. Again, issues is still happening in Safe Mode. 

Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 9, 2021

Hey, thanks for providing this information!

I am not able to replicate the behavior, @Staphon Arnold.

I started a fresh installation of Confluence 7.4.4 and the behavior is as expected:

In view Mode

Screen Shot 2021-04-09 at 11.23.18.png

In Edit Mode

Screen Shot 2021-04-09 at 11.23.50.png

Macro settings dialog

Screen Shot 2021-04-09 at 11.24.06.png

I wonder if there is a specific set of steps that you need to take for this to happen. Would it be possible for you to describe, step by step, the workflow that leads to this result?

Also, could you please check the following:

1. What happens if you create a new page and try to replicate the behavior?
  2. Is the behavior present in already existing macros?

You can also try to clear the plugin cache to rule out problems with the data stored by the macro:

Let us hear from you.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events