Cluster HA

John Lewis
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 11, 2015

Hello,

I've read through your documentation on clustering and had some questions regarding High Availabilty for Confluence Clustering.

So my understanding is this: Confluence clustering can be set up to be scalable but not for HA, although a cold failover is an option for some resiliancy: correct?

My real question then is when will HA be available? I saw in another question posted back in April 2014 that this was being looked into. Are there any results on this yet or a projected timeline when this will likely be finished?

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2015

The stuff you've seen for clustering and HA is effectively deprecated, although the non-clustered principles of "replicate production and have a warm standby" still stand.  Older versions of Confluence did have functions for clustering, but support for Confluence clusters has been dropped as of 5.5.  

For 5.5 and above, you need to consider Data Centre, which is fully supported and has been deployed on a number of client sites. 

See https://www.atlassian.com/enterprise/data-center

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events