Chart macro shows incorrect sort

Vamshi Korde December 17, 2020

screenshot.png

You'll notice in the above chart macro that the sorting is incorrect. Tried every option to fix it by making sure that there are no additional spaces etc.. nothing helped. Is this a known issue?

1 answer

2 votes
Katerina Rudkovskaya _Stiltsoft_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 17, 2020

Hello @Vamshi Korde,

Please wrap your source table with the Table Filter macro, then open its macro browser and apply 'Default sorting':

2020-12-17_19h52_57.png2020-12-17_19h53_24.png

Thus, you get filtered data in your chart:

2020-12-17_20h02_36.png

Katerina
Stiltsoft

1.png2.png

As you notice in the screenshots posted.

Pic 1-

I have chart from table macro - inside that I have table excerpt.

Pic2 -

I edited the table filter macro to sort by Period column but it didn't help anything on the chart.

Infact the table should be sorted by serial number for me (first column).

Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 17, 2020

You need to wrap Table Excerpt Include with Table Filter and apply sorting for the 'Period' column.

2020-12-17_20h56_19.png2020-12-17_20h56_50.png

Regarding your manually created table inside the Table Excerpt macro, you can also sort it with the help of Table Filter. Please choose the 'NO' column in its browser.
Please note that it doesn't influence your chart.

Katerina
Stiltsoft

Still no luck, when I save the page. The sorting is still incorrect.

3.png4.png

Marketplace Partner
December 17, 2020

That's strange, please raise a support ticket (attach the screenshots and the Page Storage Format: Upper right corner of the page -> ... -> View Storage Format).

Thanks!

Katerina
Stiltsoft

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events