Changing the side bar header

Kimberly Hopson September 26, 2017

I'm new to Confluence. How exactly do you change the header/title for a side bar in a new space? (Not sure if this is the correct name for it, but that's what it looks like.)

I'm using Documentation theme, and I have read the Configuring the Side Bar article. Changing the space name and logo in Global theme just shows as a page title when you change it back to Documentation theme. 

The first screenshot is of the existing documentation that I need to match. See how the side bar there has a neat little header?

header.png

Here's  a screenshot of the new space I created: 

no header.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 26, 2017

I understand that when you configure the space logo in the default theme and then switch over to the Documentation theme the logo does not appear as expected. I should mention that the Documentation theme was discontinued in Confluence 6 and above.

To customize the sidebar for the Documentation Theme, please see this guide: Configure the Documentation Theme You may need to copy the custom sidebar content from the space tools on the space you are aiming to match.

Hi Ann, 

Thank you for answering. To clarify, it's not the logo I'm trying to display on my new page, just the side bar heading itself, as highlighted in my first screenshot.

I actually did copy over everything I could from the Space Admin > Stylesheet section of the space I'm attempting to match. My new space still doesn't show a side bar heading after saving the Stylesheet. 

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 26, 2017

Please go to Browse>Space Admin>Themes and click the little link that says Configure theme.

ConfigureTheme.png

Then add what you want in the sidebar to the Navigation field:

Screen Shot 2017-09-26 at 1.30.37 PM.png

Then the text should appear as expected:

Screen Shot 2017-09-26 at 1.26.03 PM.png

OH yes! Awesome, thank you so much!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events