Change indexing language

Ueslei Rech Valentini August 8, 2022

Hi !

We need a Portuguese - Brasil as indexing language. Actually, we are unable to change from English during the message above:

Temporarily, currently only sysadmin can change indexing language and reindex all documents. Contact Atlassian Support if you need help.

Tnks

Ueslei

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 10, 2022

Hello @Ueslei Rech Valentini

Thank you for reaching out.

As the documentation provided by @Brant Schroeder states, the Confluence indexing language can only be edited by a sysadmin. This type of credential is only granted to support engineers of Atlassian, and that's why the documentation states you must contact Atlassian support to change the indexing language.

I created an internal ticket to properly help you with this. As soon as you authorize us in the internal ticket, we should be able to change the indexing language to Portuguese as you need. :)

Thanks!

0 votes
Sascha Ungar February 6, 2023

Hi @Petter Gonçalves @Brant Schroeder 

I have the same problem for my site. 
I am on the Cloud Free Plan and would like to change the indexing language to "Deutsch/German" but can't because I am not a sys admin. 

Although I am a organisation admin and created the site. It is super confussing for me. 
My language is set to "German". 

Could you please help me? 
Thanks

Sascha Ungar February 6, 2023

Bildschirmfoto 2023-02-06 um 12.48.41.png

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2022

@Ueslei Rech Valentini I am assuming that you followed the instructions here:  https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/configure-the-indexing-language/ I am assuming that you are not a sysadmin which means you need to submit a support issue to Atlassian here https://support.atlassian.com/contact/  to have them change it.  

Ueslei Rech Valentini August 8, 2022

@Brant Schroeder exactly. This brought me here...

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2022

@Ueslei Rech Valentini do you know who your sysadmin is?

Ueslei Rech Valentini August 9, 2022

@Brant Schroeder actually, I´m sysadmin.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 9, 2022

@Ueslei Rech Valentini If you are a sysadmin and not able to make the change then you will need to contact Atlassian support.  https://support.atlassian.com/contact/ 

Make sure when you submit a ticket you specify that it is a technical issue or bug and then you should be able to submit an issue and not get directed to the community.

@Brant Schroeder its not available for Cloud Free...

See below :

support_atlassian.png

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 9, 2022

@Ueslei Rech Valentini That makes more sense.  You listed Standard as your plan in the community.  Free plans do not have support.  Is your language set to Portugues?

@Brant Schroeder yes. Its is.

support_atlassian_language.png

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 9, 2022

Let me see if someone from Atlassian can assist.  

Like Ueslei Rech Valentini likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events