Cant edit sidebar, no auto expand

Fabsos B June 15, 2022

I have to auto expand the page tree.

The documentation says I have to go to look and feel and edit the sidebar.

There is no such option.

Only header and footer.

What can I do?

Thank you

2 answers

0 votes
Florian PEREZ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2022

Hello and welcome to the community, 

I think the documentation you mention relate on server (but I may make a mistake). On my side I'm not sure I only can choose the part i want to see in sidebar parameter part. I can also change the way I display the pages but only for me. Even on an instance where I have the full rights. 

Capture d’écran 2022-06-15 à 09.17.47.png

some plugins like refine can help you to customize your confluence but they cost a lot and they're not so easy to manipulate

0 votes
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2022

Hi @Fabsos B ,

Welcome to the community !!

Can you please explain what is the exact requirement. Some screenshots will really help us know the problem and suggest the answer. 

Fabsos B June 17, 2022

Hey Rilwan, 

I want it like this, permanently expanded, since we want to bild a glossary.

Screenshot 2022-06-18 105126.png

Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 20, 2022

Hi @Fabsos B ,

There is no option to permanently show all children in the confluence cloud. You can only Choose what appears in your sidebar.

Things are explained in https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/improved-confluence-navigation/ 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events