Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot modify Confluence templates

Daniel G August 31, 2022

I have edited the global "Product Requirements Blueprint", but when using it in a document the "default" template is still used. Any change in the template is ignored.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2022

Hi @Daniel G

Can you check one thing for me, please? Did you ever make changes to the blueprint in the space itself? Because then the global blueprint and the space blueprint are separated. Changes to the global blueprint will only reflect in "untouched" space templates. Look at the templates in the space, and if you can read "Reset to default" next to the blueprint, you've found the reason.

blueprint.png

After resetting the template, it will be the same as the global one.

Best, Max

Daniel G August 31, 2022

Yep, that's de problem

Like Max Foerster - K15t likes this
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2022

Nice. We were able to resolve that quickly. 😄

Like Daniel G likes this
Sam Lucas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 21, 2022

Hi @Daniel G ! I am a new product manager for the Templates team and looking into our wonderful community feedback! I am curious, when you updated the global blueprint, did you also set the correlated space blueprint to default or leave it specific to that space? What feedback might you have on this experience? thx! 

Like Max Foerster - K15t likes this
Daniel G December 28, 2022

The "space blueprint" is set to default. 

It was a bit confusing to have separate templates for each space and then a global one until you figure out how it works. I would rather have everything related to templates in one place.

"Keep it simple"

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events