Cannot edit pages even with correct permissions

colleencirocco February 27, 2020

For some reason I have been getting kicked out of editing pages that I have full permission to edit. When I open the edit screen an error message saying "We can't show this page: The permissions for this page were changed. Contact an admin for help." I contacted my admin and he said there was no reason that he could tell that I shouldn't be able to edit the page. I tried logging in again in an incognito window and it did not work.

First it started with one page, but now it just happened with a second. 

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 2, 2020

Hello,

Welcome to Atlassian Community! If you are still encountering this issue, I would recommend raising a support ticket with our Cloud Support team. We'll want to have a look at your site's permissions to determine the issue, and we need a support ticket to do that.

If you have any trouble doing that, please let me know and I can help you to raise a ticket.

Once the issue is resolved with support, please let us know here what the problem was in case other users were running into the same issue.

Shannon

colleencirocco March 5, 2020

Hi Shannon, I am still having this issue and I'm not sure how to raise a ticket--when I fill in my information on that link I only receive these options :

confluence.jpg

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 5, 2020

Hello Colleen,

You may be getting that message if you're not the primary contact or site admin for the Cloud site. The site that is associated with your email address does appear to be eligible for support, so I believe that this is the case.

I can see that you are a user on the site, but not listed as an admin. If that is correct, then I would recommend that you have your site admin raise the ticket on your behalf, and then they can have you added to the ticket as a participant.

Let me know if you have any trouble with that!

Shannon

Darryl Lee June 19, 2020

We ran into same issue. What fixed it for us was looking at the Page Restrictions, the old group that had edit rights was curiously all in lowercase: lmi-hr-authors

When I removed that and re-added the group with proper capitalization (from the lookup), LMI-HR-Authors, the user then was able to again edit the page.

Of note was the fact that Page History shows "Version published after converting to the new editor" just 2 days ago. So I'm wondering if there's a bug in the conversion process with regards to Page Restrictions.

OH, and now that I look at Page Restrictions again, it's back to all lowercase. Very odd.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events