Cannot connect with COnfluence Server App

Alexander Lampert November 11, 2018

Hi Support Team, 

I'm using confluence for about 3 month and like to connect with the IPad confluence server app. The IPad is connect via VPN, Confluence Version is 6.11.0.

Connection via browser works fine. But not from the confluence server app. I get an Unsupported version error age: "Time for an upgrade", you need confluence 6.8. or later to use this app. 

But my server is already on 6.11. 

Do you have any idea how to proceed?

Thanks in advance.

Alexander

2 answers

0 votes
JP _AC Bielefeld Leader_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2018

Are you using a proxy server to access Confluence? Please check the configuration of Confluence & the proxy server. Can you try accessing the Confluence server via the iPad app without using VPN eg. iPad in local company WLAN? I want to rule out any VPN related issues.

Alexander Lampert November 12, 2018

Hi Jan-Peter,

I don't use a proxy. 

I can't access Confluence with the IPad Confluence App without VPN in the local WLAN. I'm receiving the unsupported version info in both cases.

Thanks, 

Alex

0 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 11, 2018

Hi! 

As I understand are you using Confluence mobile app, is that correct?

If it is, may do you use the latest of the Confluence app version on the iPad? 

Else, please, would you check on the latest version?

Cheers,

Gonchik Tsymzhitov

Alexander Lampert November 12, 2018

Hi Gonchik,

the iPad version is up to date. 

Installing Confluence 6.12.1 is an option, but it would not explain that the Confluence App complains about 6.8, if Confluence itself is already on 6.11.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events