Cannot Locate Confluence Cloud End of Support Announcements

Charisma Riley November 29, 2018

I found this document for Confluence Server on-premises, but would like to locate the same document for cloud. Can anyone help me?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/end-of-support-announcements-for-confluence-210239673.html

Thanks, in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2018

There is no "end of life" for Cloud.  Atlassian upgrade every instance every few weeks, so it never goes to "end of life"

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-, I am not asking for "End-Of-Life" for Cloud. I am asking for the list of deprecated (i.e., marked for removal) and removed features/functionality. That's what *this* list I added is, but for Server on-premises. I would like the same list for Cloud, rather than having to search one-by-one through the support documentation.

Examples:

Multimedia Macro (deprecated - Cloud)
Space Attachments Macro (deprecated - Cloud)
Search Results Macro (deprecated - Cloud)
Space Details Macro (deprecated - Cloud)
Navigation Map Macro (deprecated - Cloud)
Highlighting (deprecated - Cloud)
Online/offline presence (deprecated - Cloud)
Explicit Image Sizing (removed - Cloud)
etc. . . 

Why make this fully visible in a centralized location for on-premises but not cloud??

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2018

Nope, that was not what you asked for.

The answer remains the same though - Cloud rolls on, it does not end-of-life anything, just changes in features.

It *is* what I asked for actually. The document I posted is *called* "End of Support" but from what I read of it, simply lists features that are no longer present in Confluence Server. I want this list for Confluence Cloud, and I'm not sure why you're so certain why a server hosted on Atlassian's server doesn't deserve to have this list because they *do* still release one-by-one announcements, just like for server on-premises. I just want a solid list in one location instead of having to hunt for each item; it should not be this big mystery what is being changed in Cloud vs what is being changed in on-premises. Both situations still leave companies with our without features and are important to know. A single list of this should exist for cloud, as well. If there is another document where these are listed, Ib would like a link. The answer "only server on-premises has changes that matter and so only on-premises installations need to know what they are" would be rather ridiculous, and frankly, insulting to cloud customers.

"End-of-Life" is completely different even in Atlassian's own documentation, and is discussed as such articles like these which are aptly called, "Health Check: Confluence End of Life," and, "Atlassian Support End of Life Policy." There are probably others, but those are what I had found prior to posting this in the first place.

And I don't know what it matters? I want the same features change list that on-premises gets and it shouldn't be rocket surgery to provide it. Instead I must look through all the announcements and compile my own. So frustrating!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events