Can you use a html macro (HTML Image macro) to insert an image map?

I am migrating content from Madcap flare to Wiki Confluence. One of the greatest contraints are the image maps. 

How do I use the HTML macros (HTML Image Macro) to add image maps. I have the HTML macros enabled.

1 answer

0 votes
Ann Worley Atlassian Team Jun 27, 2017

Yes, you can display an image map using HTML inside an HTML macro. If you don't have the HTML, you can generate it with a tool like: Easy Imagemap Generator.

Hi Ann, could you please tell me how to use the HTML Image Macro.  Some how it isn't working for me.

Ann Worley Atlassian Team Jun 28, 2017

I am sorry, I misunderstood and thought you were adding the image map in a Confluence "out of the box" HTML macro. I found the documentation for an HTML Image macro, made by Adaptavist as part of the add-on, Content Formatting for Confluence.

Here is the documentation for the macro: HTML Image

Please let me know where you are running into trouble when you use the macro.

Hi Ann, thank you for the information. It was very useful.

Using the HTML Image macro, I was able to add images that are on the web.

Is there some way that I can create a image map for an image that I create or that which is saved on my system?

Ann Worley Atlassian Team Jul 21, 2017

I haven't tried this but my understanding is you can use an imagemap generator like http://imagemap-generator.dariodomi.de/ to upload a file and create HTML for embedding it in the native HTML macro, (not the HTML Image macro by Adaptavist).

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 29, 2018 in New to Confluence

How to use Confluence Cloud for stakeholder management

Most of us don’t need much convincing that stakeholder management is important. It just makes sense that keeping everyone in-the-know on projects and assigning clearly defined roles is key to having ...

1,134 views 2 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you