Can you set a default template for a space?

Emily Errico August 17, 2018

Hello-

I couldn't find information on how to set a default template for a space, but it might be that I'm not thinking of the right/most relevant keywords.

Is there a way to set a template as the default for new pages in a space? Like, bypass the page type decision and automatically start editing a page using the default template? Or promote the default page template higher than the blank page?

Thank you!

3 answers

4 votes
Richard Tauscher April 28, 2021

BUMP!

did this get implemented at any time?

Mateusz Janczewski
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 31, 2024

Additional BUMP on that - the idea seems to be very useful. 

In practice - when I push the CREATE button, it initiates a new page with a predefined template for a specific page.

Like Nelson likes this
1 vote

For anyone wondering about a workaround, I'll be using a "create from template" button as the default method for creating new pages in the space.

Brad Both June 15, 2020

Hi @Emily Errico , just wondering if you had any luck with this?

0 votes
Jonny Adams
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2018

@Emily Errico You can specify which templates appear by using space blueprints. Just go to Space Tools>Content Tools>Templates and enable/disable/promote/unpromote all of your templates there.

The blank page is still hold the top position when my "default" template is the only one for the space and is promoted though, I'd like for the default template to hold the first position or take away the ability to create blank pages in the space.

Like Jordan Berkley likes this
Jonny Adams
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2018

I don't think it is possible or at least I haven't found a way to move/remove Blank Page.

Like mgzwarrior likes this

Would it be possible in the server version? I know there's more flexibility on it versus the cloud version.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events