Can you create a file list as a template

Kathryn Gerrell January 27, 2022

I'm currently setting up some Confluence documentation structure and standards for the organisation I work for.  Part of this includes stating that if you are attaching a document (regardless of document type), then this should be done via a file list.

I would like to create a template for this so each user is sticking to the same directed standards, but cannot see how I can do this.  When I select to add a global page template, I can't see anything available to select a file list.

Does anyone know if this is even possible?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2022

Hi @Kathryn Gerrell Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You can insert the Attachments macro which displays a list of files attached to a page.  You can also add this macro to your template if required, so it will be automatically added to pages created using this template. Is this what you are looking for ?

Kathryn Gerrell January 28, 2022

Hi @Kishan Sharma 

Thank you for your response.  Unfortunately I'm not sure it is what I'm looking for, but I appreciate your help.  I think I've decided what I'm asking for does not exist.....

I'm very new with Confluence so just finding my feet :-) 

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2022

Hi @Kathryn Gerrell 

Not a problem, and you are right that you might not be able to achieve this using Template functionality. You might want to explore third party apps on Atlassian Marketplace to see any of them meets your requirement.

Like Kathryn Gerrell likes this
Ramaka (PoE) July 25, 2022

@Kishan SharmaWhat version do you have? We only have the standard Cloud 2022 and only 3 blueprint spaces area and no "attachments macro" have.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events