Can you adjust start/end dates on basic roadmap based on a date change ?

Sandra Lawrence December 7, 2021

I am using the basic version of roadmap in Confluence.  I was curious, it seems like I can only drag and extend a bar manually to represent a start / end date.  Is there another way I can get more accuracy by typing in a specific date vs. dragging the bar?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2021

@Sandra Lawrence your assumption is correct. The Roadmap Planner Macro does not afford you the ability to adjust bars by specifying dates, only dragging the start or end to a specific position. For more accuracy, you can switch to the week view instead of month view, but it still will not provide the ability to set a specific date.

Sandra Lawrence December 8, 2021

oh that is unfortunate!!  I am trying to have the roadmap end dates automatically update when I change the end date (of a contract) in its corresponding project page in Confluence.  Is there no macro or anything I can do?

What if I were able to use advanced roadmaps?

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2021

@Sandra Lawrence I don't know enough about Advanced Roadmaps to answer. However, my minimal understanding is that Advanced Roadmaps are powered by Jira, and are referencing data that is being pulled from Jira projects. If that is the case, I don't think that you would have the same easy edit in Confluence, but I don't know for sure. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events