Can we move the configuration file alone to a different location from confluence home directory?

ELIZABETH_JOHN May 22, 2020

I need to move my configuration file alone to a different location from the home directory. Will confluence support that? I don't want to move the entire home directory to a different location but only the configuration file for security reasons. If this is supported what all changes should I make during my installation/ post installation.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2020

@ELIZABETH_JOHN 

No,  Confluence  need the  files and all  the directory's in the  the home directory to work. What you  can do is to  change the location of  the home directory,  that  is  put the path some what  far away  that  it will not be easy to  find for  a user that  have access to  server.  The configuration file for the home  is

<confluence_home>/confluence/WEB-INF/classes/confluence-init.properties

There you can change the new part.  Even at  that  if this user have extensive knowledge of  grep in Linux and searching on Windows he will be able to  find it.  But  this is  the best  you can do.

Kind regards,

Mo

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events