Can the comment editor in Confluence be loaded lazily?

On https://confluence.atlassian.com, the comment Editor is not loaded on page load (like it is in "Download" Confluence installations), but only after clicking "Add Comment". This reloads the page with the parameters "showComments=true&showCommentArea=true", in which case the editor is loaded. This probably keeps some load off the server if you do not have a lot of commenters.

Can I have that in the download version of Confluence installation, too?

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Yes, you can disable "Confluence Quick Edit Plugin" from System-Add-Ons.

This leaves the "Quote in comment" link visible when marking content on a page - which does not work with the quick edit plugin disabled. Any way to make that work, or, disable the "Quote in comment" link?

Found it myself, disabling the "Quote in comment(quote-comment)" module in the "Page Highlight Actions" plugin removes the button.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

383 views 3 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you