Can't sign in to Confluence convertOperationFailedException

Michael Mettenleiter February 19, 2019

Unfortunately I can not log in to Confluence from time to time.

In to the administration area I can not log in anymore.

Cause

com.atlassian.crowd.exception.runtime.OperationFailedException
    at com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.core.CrowdServiceImpl.convertOperationFailedException(CrowdServiceImpl.java:676)

caused by: com.atlassian.crowd.exception.ApplicationPermissionException: Forbidden (403) Beim Laden dieser Seite ist der Fehler "403 - Forbidden" aufgetreten. client.forbidden.exception Zur Jira Startseite
    at com.atlassian.crowd.integration.rest.service.RestExecutor$MethodExecutor.throwError(RestExecutor.java:522)

Stack Trace:

com.atlassian.crowd.exception.runtime.OperationFailedException
	at com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.core.CrowdServiceImpl.convertOperationFailedException(CrowdServiceImpl.java:676)
	at com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.core.CrowdServiceImpl.authenticate(CrowdServiceImpl.java:76)

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 19, 2019

Michael,

It seems like you might be running into this issue:

You might also need to add the IP address of your Confluence server, which is also mentioned on this article:

Let me know if you have any trouble.

Regards,

Shannon

Michael Mettenleiter February 19, 2019

Hi Shannon, 

thanks for your reply.

My JIRA User Directory was working for the last year. I have updated Jira to 8.0 and Confluence to 6.14.1 and from this moment i get this error from time to time for normal login and durable for the administration login.

The IP is whitelisted and no firewall between those servers.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 19, 2019

Michael,

Thank you for providing the specifics of your issue.

However, the only information I get from your error is that Jira is telling Confluence it's forbidden from accessing. 

We'll need to get more errors from this in order to know why Confluence is forbidden.

On the Confluence side:

1. Navigate to Confluence Administration » General Configuration » Logging and Profiling
    • Add org.apache.http to the logging box and set it to DEBUG

On the Jira side:

1. Navigate to Jira Administration » System » Logging and Profiling
    • Enable HTTP Access logging
    • Enable HTTP Dump logging

Once you have that, when Confluence fails again, you can look at your server logs in both Jira and Confluence server. Then you can provide us with the lines that pertain to this login issue.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events