Can't move pages - server error returned every time

Ira Thompson September 16, 2020

Every time I try to move page from 1 space to another I get below error.

The following error(s) occurred:

• Move failed. There was a problem contacting the server.

No matter what time of day I try it is always the same. 

Is this known issue?

1 answer

0 votes
Kristina Radeva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2020

Are you an admin or have moving permissions in both spaces that you want to move from and move into? 

Those permissions are funnily enough the "Delete" permissions in each space. 

Ira Thompson September 17, 2020

Hi there. Yes I am admin in both spaces but always get that error message when trying to Move page

Kristina Radeva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2020

I would suggest trying on Chrome browser to see if that makes any difference. 

Delete permission is also ticked with Admin tick box

I am using Chrome. I also tried FF and same issue

Kristina Radeva
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 17, 2020

Since this might be a server problem after all, I would suggest this following workaround:

1. Create a copy of the page

2. Publish it in the new space

3. Archive/delete the old page from the old space

Kristina Radeva
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 17, 2020

Also, I'm putting here the permissions you need when moving pages:

To move a page, you need the following permissions:

• 'Add' permission on the page you're moving, and
  • 'View' permission on the page's parent page. If you're moving the page to a different parent, you need 'View' permission on the new parent.

To move a page into a different space, you also need:

• 'Delete' permission on the space you're moving from, and
  • 'Add' permission on the space you're moving to.

I just tried creating copy and publishing in new space and I get following error: There was an error processing the request.

As a admin I also have all permissions - all check boxes are ticked on both spaces.  

Kristina Radeva
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 17, 2020

Is the page restricted either in the old and new space? Because that can cause a problem too. Maybe remove all page restrictions before moving it? 

There are no restrictions on the page. :(

Kristina Radeva
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 17, 2020

Any chance there are old or broken links linking to other Confluence pages in the page you are trying to move? It could be that a link like that is breaking the request. 

No broken links - just 1 jira link. 

I even created new blank Test page and tried the same and I am getting same error. 

Kristina Radeva
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 17, 2020

If nothing else helped so far, I don't know how to help with your problem :( 

I see no operational problems with Confluence Cloud either. 

Ok - thank you for trying! :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events