Can't install Gliffy

thomasgick September 2, 2019

I recently bought a 10 User Licence and tried to install gliffy via 

https://confluence.bamberg.wienet.ads/plugins/servlet/upm

and upload the obr File (gliffy-confluence-plugin-8.4.3.opr)

Shortly after submitting and still showing a dialog "Installing gliffy..." in the background an error is show`n and "An unexpected error occured". The spinner is still active and won't finish.

Since our server is not able to access external internet ressources,
we started confluence with the following Java Startup Parameter: -Dupm.pac.disable=true.

Can this be the cause or how can i find out what the problem is?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Zoi Raskou
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2019

Hello,

You might be able to find the the error in the Confluence logs if you can access them. 

A common issue is the plugin size (limited to 32 MB), which can be resolved by increasing the packet size to a higher number (gliffy is around 76 MB)

Hope it helps

thomasgick September 2, 2019

this could indeed be the problem. I changed therefore maxAllowedContentLength in web.config (IIS) 

<system.webServer>
<security>
<requestFiltering>
<requestLimits maxAllowedContentLength="2147483648" />
</requestFiltering>
</security>
</system.webServer>

After i restarted IIS, any requests produced a "500 - internal server error". Then i removed the new config parameter and tried again. Still a 500 internal error.

This are the errors a see in the logfiles:

... 25 more
Caused by: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: connect timed out
at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.waitForConnect(Native Method)
at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(DualStackPlainSocketImpl.java:85)
at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:350)
at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:206)
at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:188)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:172)
at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:392)
at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:589)
at org.apache.http.conn.ssl.SSLConnectionSocketFactory.connectSocket(SSLConnectionSocketFactory.java:339)
at org.apache.http.impl.conn.DefaultHttpClientConnectionOperator.connect(DefaultHttpClientConnectionOperator.java:142)
... 39 more
2019-09-02 18:37:04,460 WARN [Caesium-1-1] [impl.schedule.caesium.JobRunnerWrapper] runJob Scheduled job migration-plugin:plugin-version-checker#c4659139-ad37-4a4f-8248-4d4cb0d4656e completed unsuccessfully with response JobRunnerResponse[runOutcome=FAILED,message='Failed to check plugin version']
2019-09-02 18:41:19,787 WARN [Caesium-1-3] [impl.schedule.caesium.JobRunnerWrapper] runJob Scheduled job LaasPerformanceLoggingJob#LaasPerformanceLoggingJob completed unsuccessfully with response JobRunnerResponse[runOutcome=ABORTED,message='LaaS performance logging is turned off']

Do you have any ideas what the problem could be?

Zoi Raskou
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2019

Hello, I imagine you are affected by this known issue: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-55875 according to the logs.

You can use the workaround to disable it: 

Disable the "scheduledjob.desc.LaasPerformanceLoggingJob" from Settings/Cog > General Configuration > Scheduled jobs

thomasgick September 3, 2019

Hello, 

i just realized that the root cause of my problem was i wrong syntax in web.config. 

Now, with the increased UploadLimit everything works.

Thanks for your help!

Like John Almeida likes this
Zoi Raskou
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 3, 2019

That's great, glad you solved it!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events