Can't access Confluence Cloud: "It looks like our database is taking a little longer than usual..."

Joshua von Damm December 29, 2022

I was given both Product and Group access to Confluence cloud by my admin. When I attempt to access I get the error:

"It looks like our database is taking a little longer than usual to sync up. Wait a few moments then try again.

If you continue to see this error, raise a support request."

I can access my the JIRA software group, but not Confluence. It has been a day since I was given the permissions and I still get the error. I tried all the troubleshooting options, (Clearing cache, logging in and out, different devices), and had the admin revoke and grant access  with no success. I downloaded the Confluence app on my phone and logged in fine but it errors when attempting to load anything.

Opening the support request directs me here, so while this question may be out of place it looks like this is my last option. Any help would be great, thanks.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joshua von Damm December 30, 2022

I was able to access Confluence today, despite no changes by the admin. Must've actually been some sort of database issue.

1 vote
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 30, 2022

Hi @Joshua von Damm ,

please verify with the site admin that you have grants to access Confluence first.

Fabio

He double-checked and compared my access grants to other user's access grants that can go on Confluence.

1 vote
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2022

Hi @Joshua von Damm 

Is this specific to your user account, and not impacting all users on your instance?

If you Admin has ensured your license is correct - I'd have them contact Atlassian Support on your behalf.

They should be able to contact them via: https://support.atlassian.com/contact/

Ste

Yes, just my account. I will ask the admin if they can do that, thanks.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events