Can someone suggest a good alternative to the "Mark Pages for Review" plugin?

Bryan Guffey June 9, 2011

Hello all!

I'm attempting to find a plugin that will allow me to mark specific out of date pages in our Confluence instance as "incorrect" or "needs updating" which can then be pulled for review by a designated individual for each space, as well as overall administrators.

Does anybody have any suggestions? i know that the "Mark Pages for Review" plugin used to be available and do just this, but hasn't been updated in a long time.

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 10, 2011

There's an Archive Plugin and a Workflow Plugin. The archive plugin matches your description better, but workflow is pretty powerful and might suit your use-case or a similar use-case.

There's also the Content Survey and Reporting plugin, which works on page reviews (ie you might choose to review poorly ranked pages rather than by date). Full disclosure - I wrote this one (shameless plug). It's free and open source.

0 votes
Akilan R September 1, 2013

We are using Confluence 3.5.13. Is there any other alternative, e,g using html code to extract the page life cycle information and then displaying the Alert? Thanks

0 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2013

As Jeremy suggested the Archiving Plugin does exactly what you are looking for, and lot more, actually.

It detects outdated pages and notify the persons who are in charge to update it (original author, last author and space admins). You can control which pages should be updated (just add the "archive-update" tag) and which ones should be reviewed (add "archive-review").

You can also let the plugin clean up expired content by ignoring those notifications. In this case, the outdate content will be moved to archive spaces. (Page hierarchies, attachments, comments are preserved.)

And voila! You content is clean and tidy again.

Since the plugin does a lot more, you should read through the manual.

0 votes
Malcolm Jacobson June 19, 2011

We add a "review" label to each page that is ready for review, and then use the "Content by Label" macro to generate a list of the pages with this label. The macro has a range of options that let you customise the list - e.g. by specific space, by author, by label - so we find it quite fast and easy to use across our spaces.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events