Can see a page I was given access to

JuanR December 17, 2019

I was able to see the page before, but somehow I stopped seeing it, I did request several times again to see the page, and was given access to it but I still see the restricted page message when I open the link.

1 answer

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2019

In order to have access to a page you must have permissions to the space first. Once you have permissions to a space you can see all the pages in the space that do not have restrictions applied to them. It is key to understand that page restriction do not add permissions. Instead, they filter down from the pool of people that have access to the space those that can view the page. If you do not have access to the space and someone adds you to the page restrictions of a restricted page nothing will happen. You will not be granted access.

So, one of two things is the case. Either you do not have access to the space or you do have access to the space and you are not on the list of people the page is restricted to.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events