Can a JIRA Issue link to a confluence page with an excel file?

Rena Mack January 31, 2018

I did read the community blog, but could not understand.  Here is the use case:

1. Create a JIRA with a link to a Confluence Page

2.  Confluence Page has an Excel.

3.  People on the JIRA Issue with click on Confluence link to go to Confluence to update Excel. 

Plus I am using Firefox Quantum, where I read the Office Plugin (?) is not working.

Thank you....Rena

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2018

Dear @Rena Mack,

point 1 to 3 is pretty fine - that works as designed by Atlassian. The issue with the Office Plugin (via WebDAV) and your Firefox Q I cannot answer.

At least the users could download the Excel file, edit and upload again. This would create a news version of the document for versioning in the attachments. Not pretty comfortable but it will work.

So long

Thomas

Rena Mack February 1, 2018

Thank and terrific.  Can you point me to the documentation that states how?

Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2018

Dear @Rena Mack,

this is quiet simple. A user downloads the excel file either by clicking on it, while in the attachment view of a page, or while clicking on a link to the attachment within the page (that link must have somebody created before).

Then the user can download the file locally and edit.

When done, the user has to got back to the attachment view of the page and upload (or simply drag and drop) the modified file without changing it's name.

Confluence recognizes this and starts versioning your document. You can expand the attachment entry and now see 'Version 1', 'Version 2 (current)'.

That's all!

So long

Thomas

@Thomas Deilerthank you.  We may be talking past each other.

The question is, how do I put into a JIRA ticket a link to a confluence page or object?

Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 1, 2018

Dear @Rena Mack,

when Jira and Confluence are already linked via an Application Link, this is also easy.

Select one issue and choose "Link Issue" from the issue menu. Now a Confluence tab should be visible. There you can even search for pages and than insert the link.

Where you looking for this?

So long

Thomas

@Thomas Deileryes, 99% we are on the same page.  I can't get into Confluence at the moment, probably why I cannot see it.  I see that Application Link.  No links at this time, but I'll work on it.  Thank you very much.

Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 2, 2018

Dear @Rena Mack,

could you solve your issue meanwhile? Do you need more help?

So long

Thomas

Rena Mack February 2, 2018

I did check the 'check' thinking that meant resolved.  Resolved until I find out an issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events