Can Scaffolding / Live Template templates be used across wiki spaces?

Michelle Rau HP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2024

Hi, it's been awhile since I've worked with Scaffolding / Live Templates. What I want to know is, can a user in wiki space B create a page in their space using a Live Template in wiki space A?

(With the built-in Confluence templates, it is possible to start a new page by referencing a template in a different space.)

Our use case is, we have a central group who would like to maintain a series of "standards" templates that can be used by different development teams. The development teams will probably want to keep their customized standards pages in their own wiki spaces, but the centralized group will manage the template itself. 

1 answer

3 votes
Lava Kumar Dukanam _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2024

Hi @Michelle Rau HP 

Yes, It is possible to use Live templates from one space to be used in another space. 

You can choose the space from which to load the templates as shown in the screenshot below. 

live-template-from-different-space.png

I hope it helps!

Thanks
Lava 

alejandra_rosales
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 19, 2024

Hi @Michelle Rau HP

Recapping what Lava mentioned, it is indeed possible to use Live Templates from one space in another space. Here are the steps in more detail:

When adding the macro, you can select the source space in the Space field. Additionally, in the Template Name field, you can choose whether you want to use a global template, a space template, or even another page as your Live Template.

For more detailed information, you can refer to this documentation: https://appfire.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/SCAFC/pages/477470864/Live+Template

I hope this information has been helpful! Let us know if you have more questions about it.

Regards,
Alejandra
Apps Support

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events