Can Roll-up Confluence Comments For A Document Hierarchy?

Gregory Sudderth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2012

We have some users that have a work/document pattern that causes them to not to want to use auto-watch and deal with loads of e-mails when other users comment on details of their pages.

Is there a macro that can grab all the comments and the comments of a set of pages below the page its invoked on?

Thanks in advance!

G.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sean King
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2013

You can use the Recently Update macro and set the "Include Content Types Only" to "comment". You can limit to a specific space or if you want to limit it to certain pages add a specific label to those pages and make the macro only look at those labels.

Gregory Sudderth
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 4, 2013

Both of these answers are really useful--I have, for the first time, clicked two checks! Thanks much!

1 vote
LuizA
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 28, 2013

Hello There,

Actually we don't have a macro that could do this with Confluence comments. But as a workaround I've performed a research and found these two approaches:

http://davidsimpson.me/2011/01/23/more-flexible-commenting-in-atlassians-confluence/

http://www.adaptavist.com/display/Bubbles/Page+Comment+Locking (third party plugin - community bubbles)

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

LJ.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events