Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use tiny urls in the confluence?

Sanoop Nelliyullaparambath January 14, 2021

I have too many broken links when I export my confluence pages. Can I use tiny urls to avoid any special characters in the link?

For example: https://community.atlassian.com/ (Normal link)

https://tinyurl.com/mq4evth (Above link converted to tiny link using a third party website)

1 answer

0 votes
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2021

Hi @Sanoop Nelliyullaparambath 

welcome to this wonderful community

When you 'share' your page there is already a shortened link created.

As browsers are not using any special characters these are replaced by '+' e.g. - I tried recreating your problem by creating a page with special characters - Link on pdf was with special characters 

image.png

The link is ..... /pages/1267564552/SpQ+c+T+st

Can you specify your problem? 

Sanoop Nelliyullaparambath January 15, 2021

I want to understand what could be the reason my pages are being broken in the live pages but they work fine in the confluence.

I was under the impression that it's only because sometimes I use special characters in the page title - I avoided using special characters like(') in the title and it got resolved. But there are many other pages without any special characters in the title yet those pages are broken when I export them to live page.

What should I trouble shoot here?

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2021

Hi @Sanoop Nelliyullaparambath

please help me understand what you mean by live pages - is that an app? 

Sanoop Nelliyullaparambath January 15, 2021

No, website.

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 15, 2021

hmm so how do you export? I don't think the problem is in Confluence but between communication or interpretation of the URL by live pages. Possibly export settings are wrong or something.... I'm not so into this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events