Can I use @self in the Page Include Macro?

Lois Jewell January 23, 2019

Hi,

I'm trying to put the Page Include Macro inside a template. The documentation at https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf613/include-page-macro-964960833.html indicates that if the page resides in another space you can include the space key with a colon to identify the page you want to include eg DOC:My Page Name.

As my templates are in one space (using the Page Tree Creator plugin) and could be applied anywhere, I'd really like to be able to use @self:My Page Name ..... but this doesn't seem to be working for me.

Have I made a silly mistake somewhere? Or is it just not possible with this macro?

1 answer

0 votes
Haran Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2019

Hi @Lois Jewell  , 

I'm bit confused with your question.  

To create a page using template you can directly use the content in template. Why to go for page insertion  into the templates. 

To make myself clear  on your requirements, 

You need to create an already existing page from one page ( in different space)  using template. 

One simple solution is copy contents of the required page and create a Global template, which can be used in any space. 

You can simply use the template button in any page in any page to  create the required page. 

Regards. 

Lois Jewell March 4, 2019

Thanks for replying @Haran Kumar 

As mentioned, I'm using the Page Tree Creator plugin to generate a group of templates (ie: click once to create a page tree rather than a single page that could be a global template). 

The use case was the creation of new customer on-boarding doco for a managed service. There will be some details that will be common across all customer accounts, and the concept I was trying to go for was that content like "how to log a service request" could reside in one place and be 'included' using the macro into each new customer page tree. In this way, site specific doco could be self contained for sharing with individual customers without having to be duplicated and maintained each and every time.

I was trying to work out whether the @self reference might allow the page tree template to include something like the customer's software licensing overview which resides outside the managed service page tree but would follow a consistent naming standard. 

I guess I'm just getting into the realms of unnecessarily complicated :-) 

Haran Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2019

@Lois Jewell  Got your idea. Its pretty much of one time activity that would bring ease in the process of handling documents.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events