Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Can I use a variable as the options for another variable?

I have a template that my users will create a definition document with. At the top of this, they enter 14 items which I have defined as variables (itm_1, itm_2 etc).

This is all fine, but later in the document I want the user to be able to select from these items as a list so I'm looking to create something like:
 image.png

Is this possible?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Pramodh M Community Leader Apr 08, 2022

@Tim Foster 

The advanced options for forms for Confluence Cloud is available via this add-on

https://www.adaptavist.com/products/atlassian-apps/forms-for-confluence

Although your requirement cannot be met directly, you can configure conditions to achieve the same

https://docs.adaptavist.com/f4cs/latest/usage/macro-usage/conditional-fields

Thanks

Thanks for this. I guess the answer is natively, no. I don't really want to use yet another add-on to do something that Atlassian ought to support.

I understand that there are features that extend functionality, and I'm not having a go at 3rd parties that provide these features, but Atlassian seem to charge a very large fee to provide a tool that doesn't have more than very basic functionality without additional add-ons.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

An update on Confluence Cloud customer feedback – June 2022

Hi everyone, We’re always looking at how to improve Confluence and customer feedback plays an important role in making sure we're investing in the areas that will bring the most value to the most c...

207 views 1 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you