Can I see my own messages in JIRA and Confluence

Arne Boye-Møller May 30, 2013

I would have thought it would be possible to see the messages that we attach to 'shares' off pages / issuees in Confluence / JIRA. Is there a way to do this?

I realize, that this might be against the concept of both JIRA and Confluence but I find it annoying that I sometimes enter slightly specific messages that are meant for a targeted audience that only the recipients can see and not myself. Sometimes I remember too late that I omitted somebody in the first share and have to recreate the message.

4 answers

1 vote
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 7, 2013

Hi Arne,

As far as I know, this isn't currently possible in JIRA. However, I did manage to find an improvement request for this which you can find here -JRA-32125, which has not been implemented yet.

For now, I would recommend that you :

• Watch the request, so that you would receive any and all updates
  • Vote for it, so that it would gain more attention
  • Comment, and give your opinion on it

Please note that all feature and improvement requests are handled according to the Implementation of New Features Policy

0 votes
Arne Boye-Møller July 7, 2013

Thanks for the heads up Joe. I've added my vote and a comment. My interest covers both Confluence and JIRA.

Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 8, 2013

Hi Arne,

No problem :) Please feel free to accept my answer if you feel that it's, well, acceptable

0 votes
Hilmar
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 5, 2013

I really really would like to see this feature as well. I use sharing to send pages to my employees sometimes and would like to be able to either receive a copy via email (worst way) or to have a history of shares I have made (best way). This would make sharing so much better!

0 votes
Arne Boye-Møller May 30, 2013

I've looked everywhere I knew to look in both applications but to no avail.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events