Can I search for something and have that section of the page it is on displayed?

Casey Elmore September 16, 2015

I have a long list of products on one page, it is huge. I want to know if it is possible to search for one of the products, and then be brought to that section of the page? Or maybe have it highlighted?

Whenever doing a search now, the product displays on that search results, but when clicked it only brings you to that page. I want it to bring you to the product when searched for. 

Is this possible?

2 answers

0 votes
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2015

Your best bet might be to put each product on it's own page and add labels to the pages (e.g. Nikon, bag, orange, etc.)

You can then use the Pagetree macro to create the page you have now listing all the items, and a label search will create a page listing all (and just) the items with that label(s).

0 votes
Luiz Maia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2015

Hi Casey,

If I understood correctly what you're trying to achieve, in my opinion you should use Anchors on that page.

The anchors will create a unique URL for specific sections of that page. Please refer to this documentation for instructions on how to configure anchors on Confluence: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/anchors-139442.html

Regards,
LM 

Casey Elmore September 16, 2015

No, I have some anchors on the page, but I have over 500 things on the page. I want the user to be able to search for a specific brand of the camera and it bring you to that section of the page. If I type orange at the top, I want it to be able to bring you to, or highlight everywhere that orange is on the page. Can we make a search function like command +f / control +f?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events