Can I restrict which Spaces a user can attach Team Calendars?

formeroosid July 20, 2018

Can I limit the spaces that are available to users to link a calendar. We have a high-level admin space which is only restricted to being edited by a few users. I've recently discovered that apparently any user can create a Team Calendar and link it to that space. Can I prevent that somehow?

1 answer

1 vote
Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2018

@formeroosid,

In space tools / permissions, granting the users "Pages - Add - checkmark" will allow them to edit pages (including adding the team calendar macro). To restrict the ability to add a calendar, deny the editing ability by "Pages - Add - X".

Note: The impact of doing this is the user(s) wouldn't be able to edit any page on that space.

formeroosid July 23, 2018

It look like I can create a calendar and attach it to ANY space.

2018-07-23_13-36-34.png

Here I'm logged in as a local user that has the following permission in the 'IT Hub' space:

2018-07-23_13-41-28.png

I can still create and add a calendar to the space. 

Thoughts? 

Jamie

Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2018

Are you a Confluence administrator with that user account? If so, try with a non-admin.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events