Can I report on fields in Confluence pages?(Graphs, charts, occurrences of text)

Hi guys,

We currently use JIRA, Confluence, Servicedesk and BitBucket. Our instances are all OnDemand instances.

Our company logs major incidents in the form of incident reports in Confluence. They follow the same template, capturing information like incident date, product affected, impact, stakeholders, incident timeline and so forth.

Is there any way I can report on this information? There are some add ons (Mostly not available to OnDemand instances), but the ones I've tried aren't applicable. Maybe you can suggest a decent third party reporting tool? Or give us access to the DB? wink

I'm looking to graph how many incidents we're having per product/team, which is information we collect on the incident reports.

Can you offer any help?

Thanks

Karl

2 answers

Did you have a look at the Page Properties Report Macro?

Hi @Anne Pirchmoser, I just spent about 15 minutes looking at it. It seems that this assumes we use labels on our Confluence pages, and we don't. Unless I'm doing something wrong!

Thanks for the suggestion!

Yes, you need to add the label you want look for to the pages you want included in the report - for new pages this can be done in the template (so no need to bother your users with adding it manually).

Thanks @Anne Pirchmoser. I've added the label I want to all of the pages, but even still where users are entering the product affected, for example, I'm getting no results.

I was kind of looking for a tool which'd output the data in some sort of graph format, too.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,066 views 16 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you