Can I import a Gliffy diagram into Confluence using gxml?

Danielle Zhu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2011

Is there a way to create a Gliffy diagram in Confluence by importing a Gliffy xml file? The gxml file was exported from another Confluence instance.

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Chris Kohlhardt October 24, 2011

Hi Danielle,

Which version of the Gliffy Confluence Plugin are you using?

If you're using Confluence 4 / Gliffy 4, there is a UI issue in that you can't import GXML diagrams when you create new diagrams using the Rich Text Editor. Instead, try this from the page that you want to add the diagram to:

• Select 'Gliffy Diagram' from the 'Add' menu on the page (while in viewing mode of the page)
  • Select 'Import a file as a template' and upload your GXML file

We expect to address this UI issue in our next point release.

I hope that helps!

chris @ gliffy

Danielle Zhu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2011

Hi Chris, this also worked as well as Sarah's workaround. Thank you! Indeed I am using Confluence 4 / Gliffy 4.

1 vote
SarahA
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 24, 2011

Have you tried attaching the Gliffy xml file to a page, then adding a "temporary" Gliffy diagram and adapting the diagram name to match the file that is already attached? I've done a similar thing before and it's worked.

Danielle Zhu
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 24, 2011

That worked. Thank you Sarah!

0 votes
james gill June 27, 2013

Thanks, these answers helped.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events