Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I give an external user access and editing privileges to only one page?

Ed Vere April 13, 2022

Hello, I want to give an external user a limited access to my space. I want them to only have access to one page. But I also want them to have editing permissions on that page. 

Is this possible? Does this require an additional license? 

Will it require an additional license if it is only view option? 

2 answers

0 votes
Ed Gaile _Atlanta_ GA_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2022

You would need to grant anonymous access to your space and then also use page restrictions to tighten down what they can see and/or edit within the space.

The following article should get you on the right track.

Share your site externally with anonymous access | Confluence Cloud | Atlassian Support

0 votes
Bibek Behera
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2022

@Ed Vere 

The below two articles combined together can solve the problem for you.

1> Permission for the space:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-grant-access-to-one-space-only-to-a-user-in-confluence-815244321.html

2> Permission on a page:

https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/add-or-remove-page-restrictions/

And yes the user will be counted against the license as you add them in you confluence site.

Best Regards,

Bibek

Ed Vere April 13, 2022

Hi Bibek, thanks for the prompt response. I was wondering if the external user would still need to be licensed if we only give them view permission to the page?

Ed Vere April 13, 2022

Basically, my issue is I am trying to give an external person viewing access to only one page. I am afraid that if I invite them into the team's Confluence, they will be able to access all the spaces. 

And I don't want to have to go restrict the sharing setting of each and every space manually. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events