Can I edit the sidebar in Confluence Cloud?

Daniel McCraine April 8, 2023

Is editing the sidebar an option in Confluence Cloud?

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2023

@Daniel McCraine Welcome to the Atlassian community

There is very little you can change in the side bar.  More information here https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/customize-your-space/ 

Daniel McCraine April 8, 2023

In my Manage Spaces control panel I only have Space Details and Export Space. How do I get the other controls? Is that one of the differences between a free and paid account?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2023

@Daniel McCraine This will be the same for all plans.  Are you a Space admin?  It sounds like you just have space export permissions and not full admin permissions.

Daniel McCraine April 10, 2023

I created the space. I'm assuming I'm the admin. How would I confirm that?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 10, 2023

@Daniel McCraine If you created the space then you should be the space admin.  I am assuming that you are able to add and remove other users from the space.

Yes, that's true.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 10, 2023

@Daniel McCraine What are all the options you are seeing in the space settings?  Can you share a screenshot?

Screen Shot 2023-04-10 at 8.03.26 PM.png

Oh my goodness, I feel pretty stupid right now. I created the space with a different Google account about 6 months ago, and then quit using that account! When I sign into this Space under that account I have all the controls available!

Like Brant Schroeder likes this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 10, 2023

@Daniel McCraine Glad you got it figured out.

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 8, 2023

Hi @Daniel McCraine and welcome to the community,

A spaces sidebar can be customized but it is quite limited. You can hide certain elements, and shortcuts and reorder pages but that's about it. More on the link that Brant provided.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events