Can I create a live search box that confines its search to a single page's content?

Michael McDaniel June 4, 2015

I have a Terminology page that is rather extensive and I would like to modify the Live Search macro to only search for applicable terms within the page. I do not want the search to go beyond that particular page.

2 answers

1 vote
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2015

You could. Give that page a special label that only it has and then limit the live search to only search pages with that label ... thus, only that page will be searched. However, I tend to agree with @Stephen Deutsch. I'm not sure that macro is the best way to do that.

1 vote
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2015

This doesn't make any sense.  Using Confluence's built in search (any one of them) will take the user to the page with a term, but not to a particular place on a page.  

How about just putting in a note that users should type Ctrl+F to search for a term in the page (using the built-in browser functions)?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events