Can I configure a Confluence space to look like a Help Center without a plug-in?

Lena Boiser November 21, 2020

Saw this photo on the Jira Service Desk product page https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/service-desk

and was wondering if it's at all possible to configure a Confluence space to look like a Help Center site without a plug-in? Also looking to customize the URL. Any help or clarification is appreciated :) Screen Shot 2020-11-22 at 6.15.26 AM.png

2 answers

0 votes
Matt Reiner _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 23, 2020

Hi @Lena Boiser

My team has been into help center in Confluence for a long time now. Without apps, I think @Brant Schroeder recommendation is spot on. You can also use Panel/Tip/Note/etc macros in conjunction with page sections to give the page a nicer visual layout.

To do everything you're asking though, you'll definitely need an app. My team makes Scroll Viewport, which does exactly what you're looking for, and is the app Atlassian uses for their help center. We use it for our help center, as an example.

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 21, 2020

Lena,

What you are displaying is Jira Service Management.  We have created several knowledge base spaces that have search at the top and listings of specific KB sections below.  So looks more like the image above but is still just a confluence space.  Jira Service Management takes the knowledge base and combines it with request types and other functionality.  

As far as the domain goes it is set to what you setup when you created your cloud product or you can follow this.  https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloudkb/changing-the-cloud-instance-url-address-or-migrating-to-a-new-cloud-instance-691011835.html  I also know individuals that have just setup redirects from a vanity domain like support.company.com to their knowledge base or service desk.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events