Can Confluence create an entire wiki site from a template?

Ken Sims July 9, 2013

I have a set of pages I want created for each new Confluence site that is created. Basically it's a collection of 30 or so documents I've imported as individual templates. What I would like is to be able to create the same set of pages on a new site when requested. Also be able to create it with the same heirarchy.

4 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 9, 2013

I think that Space Blueprints are pencilled in for the Confluence 5.2 release. Ask @Sherif Mansour - he'll know more.

Until then, the Copy Space add-on is a good starting point.

BillA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2013

That's correct. Space Blueprints are on the roadmap to be delivered soon. We'd love to hear your specific need, Ken, if you want to email me at Bill at atlassian with details of the kind of space you want to create and the page templates you want to put into it.

Thanks.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 9, 2013

We do that with a macro called "create-child". There's a global template that we use when creating a new space, which contains "create-child" for each standard page we want to create in the space

The example below starts by creating children from other global templates (which may also contain templates)

{create-child:Contact|template=Product-Contact}

{create-child:Compliance summary|template=product-CIS01}

{create-child:CIS Data protection|template=product-CIS02}

and so-on

The macro we use is in Adaptavist's theme-builder, although there may be other versions available. ( http://www.adaptavist.com/doco/display/Builder/create-child+macro )

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2013

See How to create pages from template pages for Confluence OnDemand or Download. The example shown there is about creating a standard space.

Confluence Download customers have it easier and a self service option is available - see How to create pages from template pages - self service .

0 votes
hsuhailah
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 9, 2013

As a suggestion, perhaps you can save your new space as a template. Once you have set up your first space and are more-or-less happy with it, use the Copy Space add-on to copy the space. From this point on, you can copy it each time you want to create a new space.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events